HONEST REVIEW : BOOMBOD



Disclaimer: I have been in no way paid or sponsored for this post. I tried this out of genuine curiosity. 

So, with my wedding coming up I decided I would try and get my butt into shape and actually ensure that I look and more importantly feel my best for the big day. There's so many "diet" crazes out there and I hated the idea of using meal replacements or shakes.

Enter Boombod.

Unless you've been living under a social media rock you will have undoubtedly seen or heard of this product. Endorsed by countless celebs and social media stars it claims to reduce hunger, help you lose weight and reduce bloating. The main ingredient Glucomamman, will help you feel fuller as it is a natural fiber.

Am I convinced? Not entirely. However as Holland and Barrett had the 7 day pack for half price at £14.99 I thought now would be the time to give it a go.

Initial Thoughts

Ok, so the package is cute and comes with 7 of each of the morning, afternoon and evening shots. There's an altogether blackcurranty smell as you open the pack and a set of clear instructions on top. You will need a pair of scissors or extremely strong teeth as I didn't find the sachets easy to open at all.

Taking the Shots 

So, the instructions state to empty the powder into a dry cup, add cold water whilst stirring till it's a quarter full and then down it. You do this three times a day, 30 minutes before you eat.

So, with the very first one I made up the shot and swigged it back. The taste is not at all to my liking. Although not unmanageable, the synthetic blackcurrant taste reminds me of the Blackcurrant Lemsips.

There's also a very grainy texture that is somewhat offputting. I find that drinking with a straw is the easiest way to get the liquid down my neck without gagging. You then chase the shot with a glass of water.

Results

Did I feel that I lost a dramatic amount of weight on Boombod?

No.

Despite what celebs tell you I don't believe a week of these magic shots will allow you to magically shed a huge amount of weight.

I have lost around half an inch off my stomach as I do feel it has reduced my bloating due to not feeling as hungry and eating as much. Overall, the vitamins in the shots do make me feel more energized and I haven't reached for an energy drink all week. Part of me wonders if this is more due to the 3 large glasses of water I've been drinking each day as I am notoriously terrible at keeping hydrated. I have potentially lost one or two pounds but my weight fluctuates so much it may just be the norm for me.

For me, at £30 for the usual price it's not worth the money. You can buy Glucomamman tablets for less than half the price. However, if you do happen to find it on offer then give it a go as I do think it's a nice little pick me up and if you know your bad with reaching for snacks it does break the cycle for at least a week.


No comments