SETTING MYSELF SOME GOALS


New Years Resolutions are stupid.

There I said it. You make em, break em and then resort to your bad habits for the rest of the year. I myself have fallen into that trap so many times only to shame spiral when I inevitably can't deliver on the huge pressure I put on myself to change. Well no more! I have a new way of doing things.

It's nearly the end of April now which means we are nearly a third of the way through the year. I'm going to take the first third as my "who am I" section of the year. It gives me time to figure out whats going on this year, my goals, whats changed since last year and why.

Then I'm setting myself a list of small achievable goals for me to try and incorporate into my life in the final two thirds of the year. My thinking is thus...if those goals become habit in the rest of the year it's something I know I can continue with. If not, I'll reassess in the start of next year.

So...having had a think about what I would like to get out of this year here we are:


  1. Learn to make Macarons. Because...well...they're so blimmin tasty and so bloomin expensive.
  2. Enjoy my wedding day. Don't get bogged down in drama.
  3. Make more time for friends.
  4. Enjoy being young. Go out more, drink a few too many, have some fun. Sometimes I take myself so seriously.
  5. Drink less fizzy pop and try to drink more water.
  6. Have vegetables every day.
  7. Learn to say no. Sometimes I'm such a pushover.
  8. Take plenty of photos.
  9. Get a dog!
  10. Gym more.
  11. Get that daring hairstyle. Why not?

So, that is my mini list of goals! Lets see in a year how I get on. Wish me luck!

No comments