TRAVEL DIARIES : LONDON


This week I travelled down to London with a colleague for some training and naturally I had to take in the sights a little bit. I haven't visited London in so long, I had almost forgotten how busy and bustling it is!

I think because I'm used to my tiny hometown it always seems crazy to me. We stayed in Hammersmith which is an area of London I'd never been to but I enjoyed the area, there was plenty of shops, bars, restaurants and the likes.




Naturally we wandered the shops on oxford street and then headed down to Carnaby Street for some dinner in the diner there. OMG...it's so good. I chose to have the corn dogs and cheese fries washed down with some homemade still lemonade and after the humidity London has going on at the moment I was so glad of it!



After Dinner we headed towards Liberty London, mainly to admire the prettiness. They have the most gorgeous displays of flowers just outside! Now I know how all those London instagrammers get such bloody lovely pictures.

Of course while we were there we decided to take in a show one night. We decided on Aladdin as we are both huge Disney fans.

The show was absolutely incredible. There were extra songs, dynamic dance routines and the Genie was a fantastic mix of Rue Paul and Will Smith all rolled into one. He certainly knew how to work the room and the crowd loved him.



I adored the costumes and set. The only thing I could complain about is the other theatre goers! (I had a girl next to me who kept elbowing me and putting her feet on other peoples chairs...bleugh!)

As I write this I am sat in Kings Cross station waiting for my train home. I've had a blast and enjoyed my training but I think I'm ready to get back to the quiet life.





No comments