WEDDING DIARIES : CHOOSING YOUR VENUE



"I hope my Wedding is as good as the one I've planned on Pinterest."

Ok so...I'm not going to lie and say that when Tom popped the question, the millions of photos I have pinned to my Dream wedding Pinterest Board didn't go hurdling it's way into my little elated brain. My wedding is something I have always dreamed of and being such a hopeless romantic it's something I feel is an extension of us as a couple. 

So when Tom asked me where I wanted to get married, after initially fantasizing about Sleeping Beauties Castle in Disneyland I finally decided to look for a barn type location. Something chilled and natural and above all PRETTY. 

I have been to plenty of hotel weddings and whilst they were all lovely I never really felt the "wow" factor with any of the decor. Being a photographer in my spare time I knew I wanted something that I would look at in years to come on photos and think....yep....that was my venue. 

I initially looked at the Wedding Barn in Gilling West which was I have to say STU-NNING however way way out of our price range. I don't believe in taking out extra loans to pay for the wedding so I reluctantly walked away from that one and scoured local blogs and wedding mags to find something new. 

That's where I came upon the South Causey Inn at Stanley, County Durham. I remember seeing an article on a wedding website and I just thought....yep...that's the one. So I booked an appointment. 




It's a hotel however they have built a whole separate wedding venue at the back, including the most delightful pagan looking chapel. With the beams, the stone floor and the quirky floral touches I was instantly sold. 

Price wise, it fitted. The venue takes care of centerpieces, food, canapes, drinks, table dressing, the DJ, cake table and so much more. All we had to get was an outfit, cake, flowers and our table plan! 

I literally can't wait to get married here. I feel like every time I visit I get more and more excited about the big day. It may have a little something to do with the fact that every time we go up we have tea in the restaurant and the food is divine. Proper home cooked comfort food! 

If anyone is engaged, I strongly recommend checking out this place. 



No comments